Tuesday 21 February 2012

UFL Rant N Rave Top 3: Club Kits/Jerseys

Grading my favorite UFL club kits of the current 2011-12 season:

 L: Lee JooYoung; R: Juventus away kit


Stallion FC Pink Kit: 
The Stallion FC boss must be a big Juve fan, and it's not just because of their club crest. The pink kit that the TV commentators keep poking fun at, is actually one of my favorites. Alessandro Del Piero would be proud... this kit is almost a perfect imitation of Juventus' current away kit from Nike, save for the sponsor text. But, I am not sure that is Giligan's restaurant's real logo. Obviously there weren't a lot of work done in making this, but fan-girls, who outnumber the vocal majority of local football fans would look great in those.
Grade: B


Younghusband brothers, Cortina 
Loyola Meralco Sparks FC White Kit: 
I like this set better than the all-orange where they all look like the rain-soaked Dutch National team. I never thought blue and orange would go well together. It's like the Loyola futbol club and Meralco sponsorhip were meant to be. The blue name frame at the back is so unique. I just wish they kept it simpler though, sponsor logos are all over the place. 
Grade: B+


L: Rizaei , R: Bolzico, Burkey, Del Rosario  
Kaya FC Black Kit
I dunno but this black jersey which I saw for the first time during the 2011 UFL Cup, gives this sense of toughness. Though, the sponsor logo in the middle with all it's red brightness and box shape, looks a little lost in the mix. And what would football jerseys be without the signature Mizuno details on the sleeves. I don't see them were this anymore, plus they have LBC on their shirts already. For fans planning to go casual on them, this seems to go well with jeans or almost anything - as I've seen on some photos. Grade: B+


I wish these were all out in the market, for us to enjoy. I also wonder if Nike is ready to manufacture a kit for a UFL club, or will it be too costly? Well we all have different tastes, but tell me what your favorite UFL kit is? #UFLkits


Follow us also on Twitter @UFLrantNrave for more of our random thoughts.


*Photo credits: Mark Cristino, interaksyon.com